Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Good News Bad news....even more pain

At work we got our schedules for after we graduate training.  Starting on halloween my schedule is 7:20 to whenever.  Sucks for the kids since that is when thier school starts.  Noone in either of the training class who has either the 7:50 or 8:20 start time is willing to trade with me.  So I get to find the resource manager and see if I am allowed to trade schedules with a senior rep.  Then if I am I get to ask him if he can by chance tell me who are the reps with those schedules so I can go ask them to trade with me.  Who wouldn't want to get off earlier???

Now onto the pain, the fibro is in a serious flare up!!  To top it all off the weather is changing.  So weather changes cause all the joint pains to be worse.  Fibro flare up right now means that the pain is worse (duh doesn't it always mean that) and the fatigue is kicking my ass.  I spend half the training class fighting to keep my eyes open and nodding off.  Since its customer service week and we get an extra 15 minutes to play the games they set up our trainer gives us one 30 minute break.  I spent that break sleeping with my head down on my desk since I knew I wouldn't be able to stay awake otherwise.

Due to the pain and my stupid refusal to use my wheelchair I am moving about as fast as a snail.  I know people are just trying to be nice by holding the door but really you don't need too.  There is no reason for  you to wait 3 minutes for me to get to where it took you 10 seconds to get too.  I know I am slow right now and I don't mind.  Trying to move faster just makes it more painful and honestly ups my risk of falling.  I lose my balance alot when the fibro flares up.  And the fog is just getting fun since I am so bored in class lol.  But back to the holding doors.  Seriously if I say thanks but no thanks go ahead and let it close.  I won't be upset and I also won't feel like I have to hurry and get there since I am wasting your time.  I know I am slow that is why I am walking next to the wall out of the way.  If you pay attention you will also see that every now and then I have to put my hand out to stay standing.

Fortunately it's not really the people in the class.  The ones who walk with me I have talked with about my pain issues.  And most the guys just naturally slow down.  I don't find myself hanging out with any of the females this week.  I got kinda tired of thier entitled attitudes, seems I can handle them for short periods of time.  But I really don't want to teach you what the trainer and his assistant just taught the class.  I mean hey if you paid attention instead of texting, checking your bank account, reading anything on the web that has nothing to do with what he is teaching you may just  understand what he is talking about.  Yes I may be helping the guys out that I am sitting with but there are a couple of differences.  They are helping me understand what I don't manage to catch and they have been with the company and know a hell of a lot more about how it works than you and I put together.  And this is finally stuff about our jobs you should probably pay attention.  But ya know what in a couple of months we will see who it works out for best.  Being that I am already helping other people with some of this stuff I can pretty much tell ya my stats will be good on merit alone.  What about you??

No comments:

Post a Comment