Friday, September 30, 2011

Finally found work

Well I thought I was going to actually post more but now I more than likely will.

You see I finally found work.  I had been laid off of my old job in October of 2010 and found new work at a new company in September of 2011.  I did tell the new company that I have health issues that requires I leave for a doctor at least once a month sometime more.  They stated in the interview that there would be no problems with that.  I am hoping they didn't lie to me.

Since I have only worked there for 2 weeks I am not eligible for FMLA.  And i do not have time off yet so they will have to help me switch schedules with someone or work later for me to be able to attend my doctor's appointments.  So my fingers are crossed that we won't have a problem with that.  My pain doctor's office did give me a written prescription for October's meds that I can fill out when it is due so I don't need to go back till November.  Too bad I won't have insurance in November or December.  But according to my information since our insurance lapse is less than 63 days I won't have to deal with the preexisting medical condition thing.

My concern at the moment is that my pain is steadily getting worse.  When I have to wear a wrist brace I have people asking me what happened.  I know they are only trying to be nice but these are the same people that I warned that I have problems so hopefully they wouldn't freak out when I do have to use the wheelchair.  And noone in this place seems to have to use a wheelchair.  I am worried about when I have to break down and use mine, when it get bad enough that the only way I can make it is to wheel myself around since the pain is too high to do otherwise.  Will they find a bs reason to let me go since there is no union at this place or will they remember that my brain works fine and has worked fine when I could walk too.  And its not like I can't walk...I can it just makes life more painful to do that. 

Oh and add into it all the fact that only the entrance door has the handicap button to open the door.  The bathroom has stalls but no door opener so it will be fun to try to go to the bathroom.  I am probably freaking myself out more than I need to but I do know that no matter how much I want to think it doesn't happen I do also know that it does.  I am just hoping that it doesn't happen to me.  I am already dealing with alot of my problems flaring up more than they have in a year I really don't want more stress on top of it.

So wish me luck that I make it out of training and that they don't all start looking at my differently when I do have to use the chair.  The last place did and half the people actted like having a wheelchair was contagious and they could catch it from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment