Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Blog ...Fun!

Well since I figured I could start a new blog about what my life is like as a pain patient and everything else I should give a bit of background.

Back in 2006 I think it was I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  I don't know if I believe I have it or not.  At the time I had KP insurance and went in for constant pain in my hip.  After many visits and being proscribed anti-inflamitories and vicodin I brought the information for Fibro to my doctor and she agreed that it was what I had.  

I have changed insurance since then and seen other doctors.  I have also received new diagnosis'.  Now I have multiple diagnosis but the Fibro still sticks.  My sister is also ill with many of the same symptoms and we both have a genetic marker for Anklosing Spondilosis. (sp?)  She has been told she has it.  I have been told I do not have enough damage to say I have it yet.

I do have myofacial pain disorder, degenerative disc disease, carpal tunnel syndrome, tarsal tunnel syndrome, spondilosis of the spine, problems with my SI joints, and arthritis in the neck and back.  So needless to say I am in pain all the time and it affects all portions of my life.  I recently lost my job due to lay offs and have been trying to find work I can physically handle and having a hard time of it.

With this blog I plan to talk of Chronic pain and how it is affecting me and my life.  There may be whining and venting but I will try not to whine much.  I just want to put my experience out there so others going through the same if they come across this will see that they are not alone.  Maybe someone will see what i post and be able to point me to an avenue I haven't tried to get help dealing with the pain.  If nothing else the writing will help me to deal with the depression that comes with the territory.

Health and low pain to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment